What are electric fences used for?
Fences with electricity most often are used to protect livestock from wild animals (wolf or bear-proof) and keep them inside territory but it can have other applications. It is designed to painfully shock the intruder or animal and encourage them to abandon their desire to approach the fence. The strength of the current in a fence is strong enough to protect the site and weak enough to cause any real damage to one’s health.
The fences can be made from copper, zinc, steel, or other conductive metal. Different metals have different capabilities: different conductivity, various diameters of braided wires. Fences can be powered by a power supply, battery, or solar power and it usually requires energiser that can work with a 9V or 12V fence battery. The fence can be done by hired professional or it can be a DIY project because it is easy to construct unless you want to install a bipolar fence. It is important to remember that electric systems (electric box) require a daily testing of electric fence for safety and maintenance.
- Permanent or temporary fences for animals (to protect the area from wild animals or keep your livestock from running away).
- Fences for domesticated birds (single wire fences for chickens).
- Fences for company territory (to protect the construction site from thieves and unwanted intruders, to protect private territory).
- Fences for home security (for house security from wild animals and intruders).
Benefits of fences with electricity
The fence with electricity is from very light material and it does not require a foundation to build a fence. The fence’s main purpose is either to keep something inside a territory or keep others from entering it.
Benefits of fences:
- Speedy and easy installation.
- Low cost and affordable price.
- Site (territory) security.
- Excellent light transmission.
- Simple repair, easy maintenance.
- Can be reused if needed (can be portable on mini wire reel).
- New fence material can be easily added to existing fence.
What kind of electric fences wire do we sell?
When choosing fences with electricity there are a lot of options. Different suppliers offer the large variety of possible fences. In our company we can find high-quality polywire, polytape or polyrope materials for your fence.
Polywire fences are more visible than standard metal wire. It is lightweight, easily installed, and can be reused if needed. The instalment of a fence from polywire is easy because it is anyone who can without effort tighten, splice, repair, and rewind the wire. It is convenient to use polywire for temporary fences, small pet control, and strips. This type of material should not be used with continuous output chargers. There are a lot of types of polywire fences, lengths, qualities, and conductivity.
In our company you can choose from several types of polywire:
- With stainless steel wires.
- Wires with stainless steel and tinned copper.
- With zinc wire.
Polytape fences provide better visibility than polywire or polyrope and are preferred for horse fencing. Special features of polytape help to protect the tape wear and tear and that increases the longevity of the fence line.
- Several types of polytape electric fence for sale options are available to you in our shop:
- With stainless steel wires
- With tinned copper wires
- With zinc wires
Polyrope provide great high visibility. It is stronger than polywire because it has stainless steel strands woven into the rope. The strands of the steel ensure ultimate electrical energy and are carried through the fence continually. Electric fence rope is ideal for horse fencing and temporary or controlled grazing.
In our company you can choose from several types of polyrope:
- Braided polyrope.
- Twisted polyrope.
Are they dangerous?
If the fence is installed right, it is not dangerous. The current being sent through wires is very low. The fence can have any setting of voltage because voltage won’t kill. The amps can kill that is why it is set up to low settings and are not higher than 120 milliamps.
What voltage is needed for an electric fence?
The voltage used in fences should be no less than 2000 volts. In the summer livestock has fewer hair coats so 2000 volts are enough. In winter it should be about 4000 volts due to thicker hair coats.