16 – strand or 24-strand cord is made from 100% high tenacity polyester, nylon or polypropylene multifilament yarns and parallel rubber core inside. Elastic cord is a highly flexible rubber cord, which has a number of boat applications.
Elastic ropes are also called shock cords (or bungee cords) because they are used for bungee jumping. Elastic cords are used for trailers, for tents, for billboards and outdoor signs statement, in water sport and as auxiliary cord for hobbies.
- excellent abrasion and UV resistance;
- the cord compact, stable and durable;
- cords can be made with 50%, 100% or 150% of elongation;
- Color – white, black (other color is on customer’s request);
- Packing: flanged spools, polyethylene bags.
Benefits of different types of elastic cords
All type of cords is round with flexible rubber cord and covering from woven sheaths like polyester, nylon, or polypropylene. Different textiles have different benefits and use.
Cords with polypropylene (PP) covering are brilliant at resisting weather and have a good ratio between price and performance. The textile makes the cord’s surface soft. The rope is elastic and has middle abrasion resistance.
Cords with polyester (PES) covering are brilliant at resisting weather, abrasions and have long durability. The cord’s stiffness is medium. The textile makes the cord’s surface soft and pleasant to the touch.
Cords with nylon covering are brilliant at resisting weather and abrasions. Long durability and high resistance are the reasons why nylon cords are used in the military. The textile makes the cord’s surface soft and pleasant to the touch.
- Advertising: tarpaulins, banners, pennants, fastenings;
- For any kind of covers (winter storage, swimming pool, tents, trampoline, etc.);
- Technical industrial applications;
- Sailboats, yachts;
|Ø, mm||Standard length of cords|
|From 3 mm to 12 mm||10 m, 20 m, 100 m, 250 m|